Do you approach new challenges with passion and take responsibility for your actions? Be the change you want to see and start shaping industry from the inside.
Who are we?
Throughout the world, within the most technologically advanced industries, Trelleborg adds layers of innovation to ensure the highest performance in engineered coated fabrics. Our polymer-engineered solutions are built on technical and industry know-how, delivered by experienced teams across a proven and efficient process methodology. With every angle covered, we go further to engineer customized and innovative coating solutions that improve the performance of industry innovations and accelerate our customers’ business.
About the Job
The primary objective of this role is to drive EH&S Rutherfordton site activities to eliminate or significantly mitigate safety and environmental hazards. The EHS Director leads activities and systems of the facility which include environmental, safety, and health to ensure compliance with applicable laws, ISO 14001 standard, and Trelleborg policies. The EHS Director provides oversight of agency submittals to ensure that the regulatory requirements are met and liabilities are minimized. This role is expected to be an integral member of the site leadership team. The EHS Director will develop and/or maintain necessary professional relationships with contractors, environmental and health consultants, and legal assistance to facilitate resolution of EHS issues. As required, this role will support the BU President in coordinating Trelleborg Business Unit strategic EHS initiatives including progression of company wide Sustainability goals.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Complete annual inspections, data recording, and report information for Trelleborg corporate compliance and external regulatory environmental reporting
- Promote and implement an EHS culture thought the implementation of Safety @ Work and behavior based safety program (Team Up For Safety)
- Maintain EMS (Environmental Management System) to ensure successful compliance to ISO14001:2015 Standard
- Identify site EHS metrics/KPIs, monitor for deviations, and facilitate continuous improvement. Actively track and report EHS metrics for the site management review
- Implementation or manage launch of new EHS policies or initiatives
- Manage & support EHS team members for performance including providing meaningful feedback with regular frequency. Also provide EHS recommendations and support for site functional and people managers.
- Monitor EHS regulations, standards, letters of interpretation, regulatory guidance, and proposed laws and assess potential applicability to ECF
- Monitor and analyze incident reports; including personal injury, property damage, fires, chemical spills
- Interface with regulatory agencies for permit changes and response to agency requests that go beyond routine compliance reporting
- Monitor chemical usage at the facilities and provides reports and data as requested.
- Monitor hazard waste generation at the site and provide improvement recommendations when appropriate
- Interact with plant engineering and insurance carriers to optimize Loss Prevention
- Ensures OSHA logs are maintained and posted consistently
- Support and coordinate EHS initiatives with other ECF facility EHS and Site leaders at the request of BU leadership
- Other tasks as assigned by senior leadership
Education and Experience
- Professional degree in EHS, engineering, chemistry, or related field, or equivalent work experience; preference of at least 10 years of experience within EHS.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment strongly desired. The ideal candidate should have experience in chemical use & operations and Title V air permit maintenance.
- Active Listening
- Complex Problem Solving
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Reading Comprehension
- Effective Communication Skills including professional live & virtual meeting facilitation
- Analysis and Evaluation of Operations, Systems and Processes
- Technology Design Time Management
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Business Writing
- Equipment Selection
- Social Perceptiveness
- Training facilitation skills
Key Interfaces and Stakeholders
- Functional leaders and personnel (Operations, NPD, Human Resources, Sales, Quality, Maintenance, Materials Planning & Scheduling, Finance).
- Other middle and upper level managers / professionals within the country BA as well as global BA and Group.
- Professionals in various environmental, health and safety agencies at the local, state, federal and international level.
- Legal, EHS and engineering consultants and professionals
Geography to cover and travel requirements
Some non-regular travel to US site locations for typically auditing purposes. Travel to conferences or training seminars. Occasional international travel for Group meetings and seminars.
- Effective communicator
- Active listener
- Initiative taking
- Goal orientation
- Problem analysis and resolution
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Safety metrics (LWC, LWD, DART & INCIDENT) Rates
- Safety@Work Score.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply now by clicking the Apply button, or email me for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org!
If your application is selected, Andrew Cleveland from Human Resources will be reaching out to schedule an interview. For any questions, please email email@example.com.