Trelleborg in Monson, MA is currently looking for a motivated, team-oriented individual to join our team! This is a great opportunity to be involved in the creation of a unique product used in a variety of items in industries such as the aerospace and medical fields. Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talents brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead.
We are looking for a Buyer to join our growing team! This full time position will work onsite Monday-Friday with a flexible start time between 7:00-8:00 am. The Buyer will purchase various supplies and equipment for the operation based on established procedures and guidelines. They will collaborate with other team members in the supply chain department and across other functions in the organization to procure the most appropriate and cost-effective products to meet department and organizational needs.
Salary range starts at $65,000 based on experience. Trelleborg offers an excellent benefit package – includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term disability, Voluntary insurance plans, HSA & FSA accounts, matching 401K, holidays, vacations, and paid time off.
- Maintain data/information integrity within the SAP ERP including but not limited to vendor information, purchasing terms, lead times, costs, etc.
- Work closely with stakeholders including planning, production, scheduling, shipping, receiving and logistics regarding site and business priorities
- Ensure raw materials, packaging components, supplies, services are purchased as required to maintain the safe and efficient operations of the sites and business
- Ensure that required documentation such as certificates of analysis or conformity, SDS, insurance documentation, use and handling instructions, etc. are received as required from vendors and routed to appropriate stakeholders
- Provide vendor/supplier oversight with regard to responsiveness and performance. Participate in vendor and supplier qualification, performance evaluations, metrics tracking, etc.
- Interface with Quality, EHS, and other stakeholders in vendor/supplier complaint or poor performance investigations
- Participate in project assignments, i.e. Dual sourcing, RFQ’s, RFP’s, Working Capital Improvement
- Drives to improve purchasing performance in daily efforts.
- Problem solving and decision making
- Supply chain fundamentals
- Material requirements planning
- Product and service design
- Plant maintenance
- Inventory management
- Risk management
- Supplier relationship management
- Advanced planning systems
- Receptive to change and innovation
- Extensive experience with SAP (or other major ERP) strongly preferred
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task and to work both independently and within a team
- Meets fixed deadlines under pressure, while working within budgets and specific targets
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years materials/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, or other relevant field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- SAP knowledge preferred
- APICS certification a plus
- Must be a team player
- Microsoft Suite knowledge
- Self-starter approach to work with an eagerness to take responsibility and constantly exceed goals
- Must have demonstrated strong communication (verbal & written), negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Experience in working with supply chain, strategic purchasing, manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance, sales and financial personnel to achieve planned goals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a valid passport.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibrations. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Ready to join an amazing team? Apply now! We look forward to hearing from you!
Want to learn more about Trelleborg? Visit our website: www.trelleborg.com
Trelleborg in Monson, MA is part of Trelleborg’s Engineered Coated Fabrics (ECF) which is a world-leading producer of specialty polymer-coated and calendared materials across a broad range of industries. We coat materials to protect people, places and products. Most of the new product development work at Trelleborg ECF’s state-of-the art rapid prototype centers and manufacturing facilities is focused on creating high-performing, custom solutions for customers’ specific end applications. Our production processes are based on well-established principles but remain at the cutting edge of innovation. We employ the latest coating, lamination and hot melt technologies to ensure we produce the strongest materials on time and within budget. Engineered coated material performance possibilities are practically endless, including extreme thermal insulation, flame resistance, UV and smoke toxicity protection-- and a broad range of specific attributes, such as antimicrobial resistance, sound abatement, and chemical protection.