Summary of the Role:
The Sales Engineer – Aerospace (SE) is responsible for promoting and selling Trelleborg products and services utilizing sales excellence concepts within an assigned geographic area, market industry, product range or list of customer accounts in order to achieve sales and profit targets. The SE – Aerospace is responsible for generating profitable territory sales growth by leveraging Trelleborg capabilities and resources in order to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations with the goal of ultimately becoming a customer business consultant. The SE is responsible for building relationships across all levels within existing Partner Distributors and customers and prospective target accounts to generate new business opportunities. The SE is also responsible for coordination and alignment with other Aftermarket team members, customers and our partner Distributors.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The primary function of the Sales Engineer (SE) position is to promote and sell Trelleborg products and services within an assigned geographic area, market industry, product range or list of customer accounts in order to achieve sales and profit targets.
- Sales Growth: Achieve Sales Target based on annual budget number and target.
- Profitability: Achieve Profit Target based on annual budget number and target
- Project Focus: Generate and convert projects for key target customers. Manage project cycle and velocity.
- Achieve 7+ projects (4+EAR) per month. Track, monitor and work to improve project win rate. Utilize CRM for all project information.
- Complete 20+ sales visits per month with mix of new & existing accounts.
- Pursue sales leads, visit existing and new strategic customers with the focus being Total Customer Satisfaction and Generation of Projects for Sales Growth.
- Build customer relationships and strategic partnerships, assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products and services; respond to complex customer inquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times, and win sales orders to meet sales targets.
- Identify, research, and contact prospective target growth customers that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Provide market feedback and intelligence for use by local MC, Marketing Department, Segment/Product/Lead Group personnel
- Promote standard products, and custom engineered products where needed. Be a total solution provider.
- Establish the market sell price and profit margin in collaboration with the Marketing Department utilizing market research, tools and methods along with the support of the SM and GM.
- Ensure timely flow of quotations in order to maximize our competitive edge and win order
- Complete month end report and bowler and submit the first week of each Month. Including but not limited to: top 10 customer updates, top 10 prospect updates, project won/loss information, customer needs, expectations, demands, competitor activity, and changing market conditions.
- Establish annual, quarterly, monthly and/or weekly strategic sales visit, and customer action plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so sales and profit targets are met.
- Work with SM, GM and Marketing department to increase Trelleborg Brand Awareness and identify Marketing needs and opportunities for territory.
- Learn and utilize internal processes: CRM, JDE, GPS, Consense, Quality, ISO.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that customer projects, quotations and orders are processed efficiently, correctly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure full compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures.
- Represent the MC/Hub in cross-functional teams: Sales Projects, Sales Excellence, Quality etc.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 Year College degree required. (Business or Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 3 year experience in sales, or engineering related field required
- Strong Technical aptitude beneficial. Must be mechanically inclined and able to read technical prints and drawings.
- Knowledge of aerospace market a plus.
- Knowledge of rubber/plastic products is beneficial
- Familiarity with AS quality requirements is beneficial
- This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Excellent Customer Focus and understanding of Total Customer Satisfaction
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent people and relationship building skills, including written and verbal
- Customer driven with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of business operational software (CRM, Oracle JDE, SAP)
- The SE position is a local geographic position.
- Travel requirements (including overnight travel) will be approximately 50% of work time. Travel will include local, national and international requirements for customer visits, business meetings, and trainings.
Last Application Date: 2023-04-13
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee or Refugee.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status.