Summary of the Role:
The Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for promoting and selling Trelleborg products and services utilizing sales excellence concepts within an assigned geographic area, market industry, product range or list of customer accounts in order to achieve sales and profit targets. The SE is responsible for generating profitable territory sales growth by leveraging Trelleborg capabilities and resources in order to meet and exceed customer needs and expectations with the goal of ultimately becoming a customer business consultant. The SE is responsible for building relationships across all levels within existing customers and prospective target accounts to generate new business opportunities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The primary function of the Sales Engineer (SE) position is to promote and sell Trelleborg products and services within an assigned geographic area, market industry, product range or list of customer accounts in order to achieve sales and profit targets.
- Sales Growth: Achieve Sales Target established with the Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Regional Sales Director (RSD). .
- Profitability: Achieve Profit Target agreed with the RSM and RSD.
- Project Focus: Generate and convert projects for key target customers. Manage project cycle and velocity.
- Achieve KPI sales targets established in collaboration with the RSM.
- Track, monitor and work to improve project win rate. Utilize C4C for all project information.
- Pursue sales leads, visit existing and new strategic customers with the focus being Total Customer Satisfaction and Generation of Projects for Sales Growth.
- Build customer relationships and strategic partnerships, assess customer needs and recommend appropriate products and services; respond to complex customer inquiries; negotiate prices and delivery times, and win sales orders to meet sales targets. Utilize Trelleborg resources where appropriate and needed.
- Identify, research, and contact prospective target growth customers that will generate future sales and repeat business.
- Provide market feedback and intelligence for use by the various departments the make up Marketing Americas.
- Promote standard products, and custom engineered products where needed. Be a total solution provider.
- Establish the market sell price and profit margin, utilizing value based pricing in collaboration with the Marketing Department utilizing market research, tools and methods along with the support of the SM and Pricing Specialist
- Ensure timely flow of quotations in order to maximize our competitive edge to win the order
- Complete month end reports and submit the first week of each month.
- Responsible for account and territory sales budget and estimates
- Develop short and long-term strategic sales plans for key customers, growth customers and global key accounts, utilizing Sales Excellence Tools.
- Pre-plan annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly strategic sales visits. Establish customer action plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so sales and profit targets are met.
- Work with Segment Management and Marketing department to increase Trelleborg Brand Awareness and identify Marketing needs and opportunities for territory.
- Learn and utilize internal processes: CRM, JDE, GPS, Consense, Quality, ISO.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure that customer projects, quotations and orders are processed efficiently, correctly and in a timely manner.
- Responsible to quote new opportunities directly to the customer
- Ensure full compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures.
- Develop cross training and work instructions for customer specific tasks.
- Represent the Region in cross-functional teams: Sales Projects, Sales Excellence, etc.
- Assist with quality related issues.
- Provide proactive communication, analysis and problem solving
- Provide innovative solutions and continuous improvements
- Work with the right sense of urgency: Response times, flexibility and accuracy
- Assist in management reviews, business reviews and business plans
- To maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times when dealing with customers.
- Timely quote follow up and enter into C4C.
- Uses and updates C4C for enterprise wide communication of business development, to allow management to utilize the information for strategic decision making.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 4 Year College degree required. (Business or Engineering preferred)
- Minimum 1 year experience in sales, or engineering related field
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Strong Technical aptitude beneficial. Must be mechanically inclined.
- Ability to read and understand technical prints preferred
- Knowledge of rubber/plastic products is beneficial
- Familiarity with ISO quality requirements is beneficial
- Strong business sales and marketing strategies
- Excellent Customer Focus and understanding of Total Customer Satisfaction
- Technical aptitude and or engineering experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and relationship building skills
- Customer driven with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of business operational software (CRM, Oracle JDE, SAP)
- The SE position is a local geographic position.
- Travel requirements (including overnight travel) will be approximately 50% of work time. Travel will include local, national and international requirements for customer visits, business meetings, and trainings.
Last Application Date: 2022-08-15
Please right click the link to open in a new tab