Summary of the Role:
The Material Compliance Specialist will ensure TSS Aerospace products comply with regional and global legal and customer requirements. This role will interact with Global Material and Compliance (MaC) to understanding existing and emerging legal requirements focused on the Americas including the Dodd Frank Act on Conflict Minerals, California Proposition 65, and Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). The Material Compliance specialist will ensure a reasonable data pool of materials, communicate with suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders on issues of material compliance, declaration, internal material code creation and support key stakeholders in material issues as well as material-related projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support, administer, and maintain our Global Material Database (GMDB)
- Interact with Aerospace Sales/Customer/Application and Product Engineering and SCM to achieve and maintain a reliable data pool of materials intended to be “ready to declare compliance on Material Compliance”
- Execute enhanced plausibility checks of supplier feedback
- Support setting and introduce internal processes and specifications on compliance for material-supplier-combinations
- Provide educational compliance internal seminars
- Representative of compliance team on TITLE and Launchable Development projects
- Review existing and emerging Global and regional compliance regulations and provide findings to global compliance team as well as provide updated templates
- Ensure that TSS products comply with regional and global legal and customer requirements
- Understand global compliance regulations as they relate to all TSS products.
- Identify requirements regarding technical datasets of specific customers
- Collect information from our Aerospace suppliers for materials and ensure accurate updating of information into GMDB
- Process and interpret data received into standardized datasets and provide these to customers
- Support Aerospace Sales Engineers, Application Engineers and Product Engineering to achieve compliance and meet customer requirements
- Document test results in test reports and our GMDB along with communicating to requestors
- Support key stakeholders in material issues
- Operational testing and analysis of materials in the Material Lab with focus on mechanical and chemical properties as well as qualitative and quantitative determination of material components specifically as they relate to third party and/or new TSS materials.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field such as Chemistry or Material Science or greater is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with polymer/elastomer chemistry required.
- Extensive understanding of material science especially regarding rubber and plastics required.
- Knowledge of the use and applications of elastomers in sealing technology preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and other Microsoft tools.
- Existing knowledge about global legislation on product safety (e.g REACH, RoHs, Conflict Minerals, California Proposition 65) a plus
- Knowledge database management a plus (GMDB, EPD, EAR)
- Strong communication skills a must
- Teamworking skills
Last Application Date: 2022-08-11
Please right click the link to open in a new tab