Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talent brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead.
Take advantage of this rare opportunity to partner with one of the leading contract manufacturers in the world! Leverage your Operations experience in a role where you will be part of process of life-saving medical devices and enjoy the support and stability of an organization that has been in business for over 100 years.
Trelleborg Healthcare and Medical is seeking a Director of Operations to join their team. The responsibility is for the overall supply chain of released product to the customer. This role oversees department managers who oversee a team of supervisors to ensure departmental goals are established and achieved, maximizing customer satisfaction while minimizing cost.
As a valued leader with Trelleborg, you will enjoy:
Education and Experience
• 10+ years of Operations experience
• 5 years of experience leading a team
• Experience with Lean Sigma methodologies
• Minimum of 4 Year College degree in Engineering, Operations Management or related field
• Ability to work in a fast paced, environment
• Experience with clean room/medical device manufacturing preferred
• MBA or master’s degree in related field preferred
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Ensures departmental goals are established and driven to support Corporate Goals and Objectives
• Works with direct reports to communicate and update goals and/or metrics, illustrating objective evidence of improvement
• Performs process audits to monitor procedure and policy conformance
• Staffs to effectively respond to floor level QCDS metrics
• Collaborates across functional areas to implement needed improvements (tools, equipment, procedures, forms, training materials, etc.)
• Actively promotes/builds a culture of continuous improvement
• Escalates issues or concerns to General Manager as appropriate
• Conducts quarterly communication meetings to review performance, production, project status and Initiatives
• Provides a safe and clean working environment for all employees
• May oversee preventative maintenance in Production and Tooling
• Demonstrated ability to successfully present thoughts, ideas and information to large groups of people
• Commitment to making improvements company wide
Help find your next co-worker! Enter your email address below to receive instructions on how to become an influencer.