Summary of Role
The Marketing Specialist – Industrial Markets will help Trelleborg Sealing Solutions Americas understand what products and services customers want, who will buy them and at what price in the market segments that the company is interested in pursuing.
This role is responsible for gathering and analyzing data on customers and competitors in specific segments to understand market conditions that will contribute to sales trends over time. Key market segments include fluid power, food/beverage/water, chemical transportation, heavy truck, and robotics. This role is also responsible for contributing to the development of strategic plans in support of Segment Managers and Product Line Directors and is responsible for developing business cases for new capability development. Additionally, this role will assist in identifying potential acquisition targets as well as new business segments, product opportunities, and application areas with strong sales potential.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conducts market research, supplies relevant data, and assists in the development of the marketing strategy for relevant market segments
- Conducts competitive research and benchmarking to define Trelleborg position within different markets
- Works in collaboration with other functional units within Trelleborg to ensure market strategy is effectively communicated and understood and the approach to the market is aligned
- Develops an industry network to help uncover trends and identify unmet needs for new products, applications, services or segments for future focus
- Identifies, researches and analyzes potential acquisition targets in alignment with segment and company strategic plans
- In collaboration with the Pricing team, delivers research that assists in determining market pricing for the segment, products or applications
- Establishes positions for products, applications and servicing through utilization of pricing strategy.
- In cooperation with the Channel Manager, develops and implements criteria to make effective channel assignments for all leads coming to the business
- In cooperation with Segment Managers, identifies targeted prospective customers and proactively implements campaigns to develop them into leads for the direct channel to execute
- In cooperation with the Segment Manager, develops a brand strategy for assigned segments, products and applications
- Works in collaboration with Marketing Communications to position and promote the brand(s)
- Contributes to business case development for new products, services and capabilities to ensure a holistic Marketing Americas approach
- Contributes to the development of new products and services through the TITLE process
- Contributes to the development of launch materials for TITLE projects sponsored by segment managers
- Leads and executes product/service launches for projects not tied to a specific segment or developed within the TITLE process
- Measures and regularly reports on the ROI for TITLE projects
- Assists in preparing documentation for customer proposals where there is a strategic need
- Scopes segment, product, service and application campaigns and works with the Marketing Communications team to implement and execute
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Management or other relevant disciplines
- MBA is preferred but not required.
- 5 years marketing experience
- Minimum 5 years business experience
- Experience within the sealing industry a plus
- Strong communication, analytical and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Inherent curiosity and a desire to learn
- Influencing for impact
- Establishing trust and credibility
- Travel - 20%
Remote candidates may be considered.
Last Application Date:2021-12-17
Please right-click the link to open a new page.