About Trelleborg Applied Technologies
Trelleborg's applied technologies operation is an industry expert in delivering innovative and reliable solutions that maximize performance for our customers. Our vast range of specialized, customizable materials ensure peace of mind at every stage of your project. With reliable and efficient project management and manufacturing we endeavour to take performance to new levels by achieving your goals safely, on time and within scope.
The Sales and Production teams are responsible for maintaining existing business, customer relationship management and ensuring production schedules are coordinated within the business.
Your primary focus is the management of both the Internal Sales Team and Production Administration team.
You will have full responsibility for ensuring Manufacturing Schedule Adherence (MSA) which will be accomplished through ensuring the detailed planning and scheduling of production runs, as well as the creation of all production required documentation necessary to fully comply with customer requirements within an ERP environment.
Key areas of focus will be capability, capacity, resource management, and inventory monitoring. You will also be expected to have direct interaction with the current customer base at regular intervals whilst also working on new business opportunities and market research activities.
- Effectively managing and unifying the Trelleborg Retford Sales & Production Administration Teams in order to achieve approved targets and comply with company policies.
- Supporting the Company strategy to improve product visibility in the marketplace.
- Developing relationships with current customer base – both internal and external.
- Overseeing the creation of all required production documentation as well as any revisions to documentation as required.
- Understanding process constraints and capacity limitations and working with your team to develop resourceful solutions in effective and efficient production scheduling to overcome constraints when possible.
- Routine tracking, recording & reporting of progress on agreed KPI’s as well as critical information required by the Sales Director and Operations Manager.
- The day-to-day supervision of all sales and production scheduling colleagues, recognizing their development needs and implement plans for improvement in conjunction with HR.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Ensuring adherence to all company policies and prevailing business regulations.
Main Duties include:
- Manage production scheduling team and scheduling of material(s) flow to meet production schedules and customer requirements.
- Maintaining business critical production data and ensuring it is updated to reflect latest information.
- Delegating and managing the daily activities and personnel of a busy sales and production office.
- Nurturing existing customer relationships to ensure the company retains and grows the accounts.
- Issuing actual versus scheduled production metrics to ensure high visibility of manufacturing schedule adherence performance.
- Understanding customers' strategies, business plans, buying behaviours and needs.
- Advising operations of forecast workloads, so that they are able to react to market trends in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that the Sales & Production Administration team is adequately resourced to expedite forecast workloads in a timely fashion, within the confines of agreed annual budgets.
- Developing and implement costings and proposals to ensure the Company is aligned with customer needs.
- Scheduling the timely execution of proposal activities to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Ensuring that company processes, systems and tools are used properly and consistently.
- Working closely with colleagues to ensure that customer requirements are fulfilled in an effective and timely manner.
- Undertaking other such duties as may reasonably be requested by the Management Team.
You will be expected to have the Knowledge, Skills & Abilities to:
- Lead, manage, grow and ultimately combine the Sales and Production Admin teams within the Retford business to ensure an end to end customer focussed approach.
- Lead, manage and grow customer accounts.
- Deliver excellent customer satisfaction by continuously meeting and exceeding expectations at all stages of the customer experience.
- Understand customer needs and develop and motivate your team to fulfil same.
- Network and co-operate with internal stakeholders and service providers to ensure customer needs are satisfied.
- Record, interpret and convey customer requirements to other team members, clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics ERP and CRM would be advantageous.
- Adopt the behaviours and requirements framework
And have proven & successful experience of:
- Team management.
- Building strong customer relationships.
- Technical product knowledge.
- Design or manufacture of high integrity products.
- Production scheduling.
- Building and developing teams.
The Work Environment will involve:
- Office based within a manufacturing facility
- Involving occasional national & international travel for short durations
How to Apply....
If you are interested in being considered for this vacancy - please submit your CV and cover letter via the 'Careers' page on our website.
Applicants must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Trelleborg Applied Technologies is unable to offer sponsorship at this time.