Summary of Role
Organize and manage multiple competing priorities while overseeing all areas of Human Resources consistent with corporate policies including recruiting, compensation/benefits, employee relations and overall employment law compliance. Serve as a champion of engagement and company culture while driving accountability. Provide coaching, motivation and inspiration company wide.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Management Impact: Serve on the Management Team. Develop and implement department goals and continuous process improvements. Support Management Team initiatives. Participate in strategic planning.
- Staffing: Coordinate and assist managers with staffing plans. Manage all aspects of recruiting, onboarding and termination processes ensuring compliance with all state and federal legislation.
- Benefits Administration: Working closely with Trelleborg Group, deliver annual enrollment options. Serve as a resource for all benefits inquiries including health, dental and life insurance, STD, LTD, FSA, HSA, 401K, holidays and PTO.
- Policies and Procedures: Collaborate with TSS US HR team to develop and administer consistent procedures.
- Systems and Records: Maintain employee records, data and reporting with the highest degree of confidentiality and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- HRIS/Reporting: Maintain accurate and compliant employee and reporting information in all HR systems and files including ERP system, payroll system, external employee databases like benefits and insurance, and all HR employee databases used to report and support managers and supervisors.
- Employment Law: Stay current on state/federal employment law by participating in continuing education via seminars, industry periodicals and/or peer groups. Exercise judgment consistent with standards, practices, policies and all applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to FLSA, HIPAA, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, UI, WC and EEO. Ensure team meets all governmental and company reporting requirements.
- Employee Relations: Serve as primary contact for employee complaints. Coordinate investigations and make recommendations regarding appropriate resolution. Support supervisors and managers in handling conflict and facilitating difficult conversations.
- Employee Engagement: Proactively solicit feedback from employees at every level of the organization in an effort to develop and maintain a high performing culture. Champion the annual engagement survey and develop/implement action plans relevant to the results. Drive accountability and a healthy association to conflict. Promote company pride and overall culture with the objective of continually reducing employee turnover while enhancing overall engagement.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Promote diversity as a way to accelerate business. Educate the organization on the benefits of diversity and inclusion.
- Training and Performance Management: Coordinate/develop training plans as needed. Manage annual review process and assist in performance management including both compensation/incentives and warnings/discipline process.
- Org Chart: Ensure organizational chart, job descriptions and job titles remain current and aligned across the Business Area. Recommend and implement changes when necessary.
- Other tasks and projects as necessary or assigned.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in a Business, Human Resources, Communications or related field
- Minimum of 7 years in HR management related discipline, with demonstrated career progression
- Minimum 2 years experience in multi-shift manufacturing operations
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Advanced HR coursework or certification
- Knowledge of HR principles and best practices
- Knowledge of federal/state laws and regulations
- Polished interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to productively and amicably confront conflict
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities in an environment of constant interruptions
- Ability to gain the trust, respect and confidence of employees and managers
- Ability to coordinate, train and lead
- Experience maintaining strict confidence regarding sensitive, protected and/or confidential information
- Advanced change management skills
- Positive attitude
- Acute attention to detail
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office
Last Application Date: 2021-04-03
Please right-click the link to open in a new tab.