Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talent brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead.
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions Cadley Hill is looking for a Design Engineer to join the Design team, working for the Design & FEA Manager. The successful candidates will be required to support the implementation of new products from enquiry through to production. Be responsible for preparing design and technical proposals for selected projects, and the development and design of production & development tooling.
Key duties and responsibilities
• Project Management of new products from enquiry through to production, including compiling drawings, specifications and project plans.
• Preparing design and technical proposals for selected projects, including cost generation for both non-recurring and recurring costs.
• Design of production & development tooling.
• Assist sales & marketing department to penetrate new markets when requested, supporting customer visits both in the UK and abroad, on occasion for extended periods of time.
• Keeping viable product notes to record evolving designs for future reference.
• Keeping knowledge of new materials and technological documents up to date for maximum quality of design and cost effectiveness.
• Have or be working towards a degree or technical design qualification.
• Technical experience within the Aerospace industry and in polymer based manufacturing and assembly.
• Knowledge of polymer materials and their relative merits.
• Computer literate and familiar with relevant software packages, specifically CATIA.
• Experience in dealing with customers and suppliers at all levels of the business.
• Experience of hand built polymer products.
• Good written, verbal and organisational skills.
• Team player.
• Ability to interface at all levels of business.
• Self-motivated and analytical with a reasoned, well-balanced and calculated decision making qualities.
• Assertiveness and adaptability.
• Thorough and accurate.
Applications: Written applications/CV’s to Carol Ward HR, email@example.com.
Ad has been closed and it is no longer possible to apply.