Summary of Role
The Marketing Communications Specialist – Public Relations works closely with the Marketing Communications Manager to elevate the Trelleborg Sealing Solutions brand for targeted market segments. This position collaborates with colleagues across the organization to establish appropriate messaging, recommend external communications media appropriate to the business need, and communicate value and differentiation through a wide range of communications platforms (i.e. press releases, podcasts, white papers). This position actively promotes Trelleborg to the media. Therefore, developing relationships with editorial teams is essential to success in the role.
The successful candidate has a passion for media relations. S/he has a penchant for story development, excellent interviewing skills, and an innate ability to clearly and concisely communicate with members of the media. Strong candidates have developed a proven track record for public relations and earned ad value for stories published.
This role is well suited for someone who enjoys variety, working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with colleagues across the organization, talking to members of the media, and making a difference.
Tasks and Responsibilities
This position solely focuses on public relations. Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Pitching thought leadership and public relations ideas to internal stakeholders and external media.
- Developing content-rich communications, such as press releases, thought leadership articles, blogs, podcasts and bylined articles for leading national publications.
- Developing a public relations pipeline to support key growth areas and initiatives.
- Understanding strategies for growth and aligning Trelleborg capabilities with editorial calendars for key publications in markets targeted for growth.
- Promoting key Trelleborg employees as thought leaders in applicable markets.
- Training leadership and other company spokespeople to deliver messages through various external communication mediums.
- Actively monitoring reputational threats and potential threats that could damage the reputation of the company and recommending strategies to manage them.
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive media list, consistently outreaching to editors.
- Supporting product launches through media campaigns.
- Supporting trade show efforts through development of briefing books, media calls and media training for trade show staff.
- Developing social media topics, repurposing content from other internal publications.
- Identifying appropriate industry awards/recognitions and managing the submittal process.
- Researching and securing speaking opportunities at trade shows or industry events for panel discussions or individual presentations.
- Analyzing publication success rates and calculated earned ad values for placements.
- Managing the distribution of press releases.
Perform other related duties as required or assigned
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in Marketing Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations required
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a corporate Marketing Communications department required.
- Public relations experience required, preferably in a business-to-business (B2B) environment with highly technical content.
- Previous experience securing media coverage and developing integrated media campaigns (earned, owned, paid and sponsored).
- Technical writing experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and collaboration skills including superior editing and writing
- Strong creative and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail
- Ability to work in a self-directed work environment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Word)
- Ability to succinctly and proactively pitch ideas to editorial teams
Last application date: 2021-04-01
Please right-click the link to open in a new tab.