Do you approach new challenges with passion and take ownership for your actions? Be the change you want to see and start shaping industry from the inside. Make your mark on the future!
We are currently seeking an experienced applicant to join our Operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordination of purchasing activities to procure products and services required by the organization meeting the delivery schedules and in accordance with Trelleborg quality requirements.
This role ensures supply chain integrity by effective communication, negotiation and managing the suppliers from procure to pay process.
- Sending the enquiry against purchase requisitions raised through TMS internal units, obtaining the quotations, negotiation & finalizing the orders
- Negotiation of payment terms and applying for obtaining the credit facility from suppliers
- Validation of electronically generated purchase orders to ensure clarity in scope of supply, product data and specifications are referenced appropriately with latest revision, verification of prices and delivery time with approved quotations and lead times set in the TMS purchasing/product database and in MS Dynamics AX.
- Issuing the purchase orders to suppliers complete with referenced drawings and specifications and obtaining the confirmation on receipt and delivery date from supplier
- Coordinate & track technical reviews with appropriate process owners.
- Monitoring and tracking, and follow up of open purchase orders and maintaining the up to date status and integrity of the data in MS Dynamics AX as well as supply chain schedules including manufacturing, delivery and shipping staging dates
- Periodic review of individual supplier’s schedule and taking necessary actions to expedite delivery in alignment with the direction put forward by the planning team
- Manage tax, customs, freight charges, etc. issues to ensure the associated cost is minimized.
- Negotiate with suppliers for clarification & resolution of their invoice discrepancies
- Assist in preparation of supply agreements
- External warehouse stock transfer coordination and control
- Organize transportation of inward and outward goods
- Inspection and allocation of production items where necessary
- Receipt of incoming goods inspection report, preparation of NCRs and Return of damaged goods to suppliers
- Monitor manufacturing processes, and rectify issues where appropriate, to ensure process instructions are followed and quality related outputs are received in a timely manner e.g. test samples, quality records.
- Arranging the third-party inspections, receipt & maintaining quality documentation including material certificates, tractability records, test reports and MDRs in TMS database
- Manage supplier management activities in line with Trelleborg, ISO9001, EN13980 and IEC Ex/OD005 requirements where appropriate.
- Conduct the initial and periodic vendor qualification & assessment.
- Occasional vendor site visits to perform the audit, monitor the quality, progress and validation of Trelleborg stock volume maintained in suppliers warehouse
- Work with the Management to identify gaps in procurement/product data for key standard products.
To be considered we would expect the successful applicant to have:
- Tertiary Qualification preferably bachelor degree in Science or Engineering
- Minimum Three (3) years of experience in supply chain or purchasing within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or have a valid visa for working in Australia
We expect the below key skills and attributes to be evident:
- Knowledge in Microsoft office applications such as MS Excel & MS Project
- Proficient in application of ERP system (Preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Supplier management skills
- Resilient and able to work under pressure, with effective time management.
- Results focused, willing to problem solve and give additional input as and when required.
- High energy, motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills, while being assertive in a team environment
- Able to work independently and ensure tasks are completed with little supervision
- Detail oriented and organized
- Flexible and a fast learner
- Able to work under stress and meet deadlines
Trelleborg is an equal opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.