We have a great opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer at our Trelleborg Sealing Solutions Denver location, located just outside Louisville in the Colorado Technology Center.
The Trelleborg Denver facility is seeking an experienced, passionate, self-starter Quality Engineer to support our growing aerospace business in Louisville, CO. The ideal candidate will take ownership of crucial Quality System improvement projects, relentlessly pursue eliminating customer complaints, and have experience implementing practical solutions in a regulated manufacturing environment. They will stay focused on the bigger picture goals while working in a fast-paced environment as Trelleborg takes on new business and develops new products and capabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plays active role in maintaining and improving the Quality Management System within organization.
- Lead strategic innovation for prioritizing QMS improvements and allocating resources within the business to achieve SMART goals.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable Quality standards and customer supplier Quality manuals.
- Manage customer complaints system and analyze returns. Make recommendations for corrective action if necessary.
- Quality representative for Material Review Board (MRB). Make recommendations for corrective action if necessary.
- Create and coordinate audit schedule. Assist in conducting internal and external plant audits per AS9100.
- Cooperate with other departments to investigate issues and initiate corrective actions.
- Analyzes data of production runs as needed to ensure parts produced meet customer requirements.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Drive manufacturing efficiency improvements by evaluating current processes plant-wide and applying process control methods or process changes as necessary.
- Ensure proper customer requirement flow-down process and communication.
- Quality representative for New Product Introduction process, developing Quality plans for nonstandard product in cooperation with other departments.
- Oversee the programming for various machines and applications in Quality. Ex. CMM, Keyence, and QC Calc/QC Gage.
- Completes Gage R&R and capability studies as needed.
- Analyze manufacturing processes to ensure process control and initiate process improvement projects.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Act as quality representative for customer source delegated inspection processes (DSI, DSQR).
- Supports and enhances the TSS Denver reputation by professionally, accurately and consistently providing answers to issues that arise in interactions and communications with customers, internal and external suppliers, team members, Marketing Companies, and other TSS facilities.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
- Train associates on new systems, Quality system updates and other areas as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years Quality Engineering experience, preferably in an ISO 9001 or AS 9100 certified manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a leadership position or in project management.
- Experience dealing with customer, industry and regulatory Quality standards and incorporation of standards into a QMS.
- Experience and proven success with process improvement and corrective action.
- Experience with Delegated Source Inspection a plus.
- Experience with the following standards preferred:
- ISO 9001
- AS 9100
- ISO 14001
- OHSAS 18001
- FAA TSO C150
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills to communicate the standards and processes effectively.
- High level of attention to detail and advanced problem-solving skills (root cause analysis).
- Can read and evaluate drawings, specifications, standards and procedures to identify requirements including GD&T.
- Experience using precision inspection instruments (e.g. micrometers, calipers, optical comparator, CMM, etc.) and in-depth understanding of equipment limitations and strengths.
- Advanced to intermediate computer skills.
- Previous experience with Qualtrax, QC Gage/QC Calc, Keyence Programming, and/or JD Edwards a plus.
- Experience with issuing FAA Form 8130-3 Authorized Release Certificate, Airworthiness Approval Tags a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Equipment Used
This position is located in a manufacturing facility which requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, squatting, twisting, and bending. This position will spend about 50% of their time on the production floor where heavy machinery is present and loud sounds exist. Requires lifting up to 50 lbs. Requires manual dexterity for typing.
Who to contact
We offer a competitive salary that includes an excellent benefit package. Qualified candidates should send a resume including salary expectations to tssbJobs@trelleborg.com.
Trelleborg is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Trelleborg does not discriminate based on Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, or any other protected status pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.