Summary of Role
The Category Purchaser will lead, develop, and execute sourcing strategy for the respective product category. The incumbent will work directly with our sales team as well as our suppliers.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead, develop, and execute sourcing strategy for the respective product category.
- Support sourcing strategy at Group Supplier in line with company policy (Make and Buy).
- Ensure single point of contact with suppliers for commercial, strategic and critical escalations issues.
- Manage all RFQs from inquiry to final price offer and sourcing decisions.
- Analyze supplier costs and review sourcing decisions with key stakeholders where needed.
- Manage and approve prices for both Group and 3rd Party Suppliers.
- Manage suppliers’ contracts (T&C, Specific agreements).
- Steer “supplier panel” with vendor rationalization and development plans according to global purchasing strategy.
- Identify, select, and develop suppliers according to business needs and risk management purposes where needed.
- Monitor suppliers’ risks based on dependency exposure, financial status, and market positioning.
- Monitor suppliers’ performance and risk indicators for rating and sourcing purposes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in business administration, supply chain, engineering or related discipline required
- Minimum 2 to 3 years supply chain or manufacturing experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in a purchasing capacity or other strategic supply chain related field
- Execution of large projects with data analysis strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of conducting data analysis using excel and other Microsoft office products
- Working knowledge of data analytics tools such as Power BI, Microsoft Access, and/or Qlik Sense
- CPSM/APICS certification is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify concepts and educate a variety of audiences
- Ability to analyze and present complex data
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and technical specifications
- Experience or knowledge in the elastomer or plastic industry is an advantage
- Travel - 10%
Last application date: 2021-03-17
Please right-click the link to open in a new tab.