Summary of Role
Overall responsibility is to conduct pre-development work (research, investigation, simple prototype), lead and/or support launchable product development, and conduct basic research to understand fundamental principles of our products.
**Internal candidates near a Trelleborg site will be considered remote outside of Ft Wayne
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide development engineering function in a team environment including conceptualizing new designs, working with other's ideas to complete engineering, analysis of products and systems, construct and/or coordindate validation activities, working internally and externally to get prototypes, and providing necessary reports, presentations, and documentation of technical activity.
- Manage development activities in an early stage with constrained budgets and timing that include investigation, concept generation, and early validation and analysis. Be effective in projects with an environment of shared resources and high levels of technical uncertainty.
- Responsible to identify alternatives solutions to a wide variety of activities, including materials, designs, and processes.
- Provide supporting team member role to project manager to help plan, manage, report, and present team activities. Help obtain and keep project commitment from all team members and stakeholders in the technical arena.
- Help resolve conflicts, adaptable, good listening skills, able to take criticism, ability to remove oneself from problem, strong negotiation skills.
- Help provide feedback, encouragement, mentoring and work direction to team members and individuals.
- Help to transfer knowledge and train engineers in the function and use of new products, technologies, and capabiltiies.
- Facilitate communication within the team and with external contacts, particularly those in technical community.
- Help insure that adequate equipment and material resources are available to advance the project and achieve goals and objectives.
- Must work and communicate with TSS engineering personnel, personnel from other R&D facilities, potential vendors, academic professionals, customers, governmental agencies, and other technology providers.
- Provides team leadership to one or more project teams, including planning, budgeting, scheduling, assignment of work, and project support within the designated project areas.
Education and Experience
- BS Degree required, in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field required
- MS preferred, ideally in Mechanical or related technical discipline.
- Minimum of two years of product design or development experience required.
- Experience in the development and release of at least one successful product launch preferred.
- Fluent with MS Office, MS Project.
- Preferred expertise in:
- Project management
- Polymers and rubbers materials, processing, and design
- Variety of types of analysis - FEA, CFD, optimization, etc
- Variety of polymer products - seals, bearings, tubes, etc
- Variety of types of good theoretical and practical background - stress, flow, fatigue, tribology, hydraulics and pneumatics, actuators, vibration, thermal, tolerance/stackups, etc
- Creativity sessions and methods
Last Application Date: 2020-03-05
Please right-click the link to open in a new tab.