The Product Marketing Engineer is responsible for the application and development Orkot® products manufactured at Trelleborg Sealing Solutions Rotherham.
This will include responsibility for supporting the development of new markets and launching new products.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support development of a strategy to support the growth of existing and new products.
- Act as a decision influencer for Orkot® products.
- Keep abreast of market trends in territories and segments which could affect future product opportunities and developments.
- Work with our Marketing Companies to deliver sales targets; interfacing with customers as necessary.
- Consistently arm the sales force with the technical tools needed to be effective.
- Work with our Marketing Companies to develop launch packages for new products.
- Act as a link between marketing, manufacturing & logistics to forecast demand and capacity planning.
- Identify and develop new products and markets for Orkot® products.
- Provide customers with solutions to engineering problems using Orkot® products.
- Have a full understanding of manufacturing processes and drivers and calculate production cost
- Support the other factories producing Orkot® products.
- Work with R&D to develop appropriate test data and specifications for the Product Group.
- Translate business strategy into opportunities and commercial priorities.
- Independently conduct product reviews together with customers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Good knowledge of the innovation and R&D process
- Minimum 3 year experience in a product engineering or management role in a manufacturing or sales environment
- A good communicator – both verbally and in writing – of technical and business subject matters.
- Competent in use of a 3D CAD system.
- Deliver against relevant targets and goals
- Translate business strategy into opportunities and commercial priorities
- Demonstrate ability to define problems, collect necessary data, establish facts and implement/suggest solutions
- Demonstrate ability to understand/calculate production cost
- Independently make accurate quotations to the customers
- Review product costs and process parameters – find activities to reduce these
- Independently conduct product reviews together with customers
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
- Travel to other Trelleborg sites and customers (10%-15%)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills interacting with senior members of the company and the divisional product management team as well as external advisors.
- Good judgment
- High level of integrity
- Taking the initiative
- Positive attitude
- Ability to demonstrate a positive, engaging, hard working approach and exhibit the company values of customer focus, results driven, teamwork, respect and integrity.
All applicants should have right to work in UK.
To apply please send you CV and covering letter to Ammara Imran at email@example.com