Summary of Role
This role will secure and develop the elastomer business and increase its profitability in line with the Sales and Marketing Segments. The incumbent will seek to grow our product capabilities, develop marketing materials, and administer trainings on those products. The main focus will be on: promoting successes, identifying segments and applications/customers with similar needs/requirements and develop the necessary tools to satisfy the customer requirements.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Strategic Product Portfolio Management
- Proactive portfolio management according to Market and TSS Sales organization needs in an Industrial and Aerospace environment
- Shaping the portfolio strategy and rationalization (in regards to Products spectrum, Compounds, Process, Approvals etc.)
- Communicate and promote portfolio capabilities with informative material, including Intranet tools, Workshops, Presentation, etc.
- Capture and analyze product gaps in your respective Portfolio
- Develop gaps correction plan with Global Purchasing organization
- Capture products trends based on development in the industry including customers, competitions and external suppliers
- Scouting innovation and technical trends and feedback to Sales, R&D and factories.
- Coordinate and implement with Global Purchasing the TSS agreed Make-Buy strategy for the respective product category
- Promote products portfolio strategy and sourcing options within TSS Sales organization Sourcing Strategy
- Provide technical inputs within the sourcing process
- Contribute to supplier development plans with product expertise Interact with TSS factories
- Portfolio Coordination with TSS factories in regards to the TSS Make or Buy strategy
- Regular exchange of information and update with TSS factories regarding technologies and process trends at different market players
- Assist Purchasing on insourcing and outsourcing activities with TSS factories
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university, preferably in a business discipline
- MBA is preferred although not essential
- 3 years of professional experience in a position supporting marketing, supply chain, or similar role
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify concepts and educate a variety of audiences
- Ability to analyze and present complex data
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and technical specifications
- Experience or knowledge in the elastomer or plastic industry is an advantage
- Travel - 10%
Last application date: 2020-12-13
Please right-click the link to open in a new tab.