Summary of Role
The IT Business Analyst role is responsible for defining systems scope, objectives and functionality based on user input and an understanding of business processes and industry requirements. The experienced level will also typically be expected to devise more optimal systems and processes as a result of broader and deeper experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Must work to attain the highest level of competence with the department.
- Exhibits project management skills. Coordinates and performs all phases of project activities including requirements gathering, project definition, solution outline, testing, documentation, implementation, training, follow-up and on-going maintenance.
- Provides solutions, trains users and works on special projects.
- Proactively leads and directs activities to identify information problems and defines solutions for management approval.
- Communicates with departmental management, business users and peers to define objectives, scope and the content of projects.
- Estimates resources, requirements and feasibility of projects and helps management set priorities.
- Familiar with the complexity of communications and database systems when designing and changing systems which affect these critical components.
- Operates primarily in close partnership with client departments to develop a deep understanding of business processes and to meet their objectives in developing cost, quality and service improvements.
- Continually seeks self-education in information systems technology.
- Perform administrative and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS or BA degree.
- Must have greater than 3 years previous experience with JD Edwards Enterprise One in at least two of the following areas:
- EDI and Sales Order Management
- Ability to build interfaces between internal customers and external partners
- Recommended to have the following:
- Mapping and solutioning in the Seeburger BIS 6 environment
- Entity setup and monitoring of the Seeburger BIS 6 frontend
- Experienced in dealing with
- Different partner EDI subsets such as XML, EDIFACT, ANSI X.12, VDA
- Different ERP interfaces like SAP IDOC, JDE Enterprise One tables
- Day and overnight travel up to 25% may be required to domestic & international locations.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Focusing on action and outcomes
- Customer Management
- Effective Business Management
- Problem Solving
- Travel - 25%
Location of position can be in Fort Wayne, Schaumburg, Denver, or any other Trelleborg office.
Last application date: 2020-11-20
Please right-click the link to open in a new tab.