Summary of Role
The primary focus of the Assistant Controller US Industrial is to provide accounting and analyst services for Industrial Americas.
Which includes: checking figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Ensure compliance with Trelleborg financial reporting policies and Internal Controls. Record, store, access, and/or analyze JDE’s financial information. Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyzes accounting documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Uses automated systems to input data, reconcile accounts including bank accounts and respond to inquiries.
- Verifies and compiles data and prepares moderately complex financial reports and analysis.
- Financial statement analysis and interpretation. Capable to identify material variances, action plan creation and follow up.
- Performs analysis of specified accounts, interplant balances and unbilled transactions. Maintains close, documented follow-up of assigned accounts to ensure appropriate resolution.
- Prepares accruals, financial statements, posts to journals, ledgers and other accounting records.
- Reviews and processes expense reports as well as performs various analysis on expenses.
- Assist in the analysis of actual performance, including determination of processes, documents, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Prepares and generates outstanding account reports and billing. May perform data entry to applicable databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Performs closing activities and insurance compliance with Trelleborg financial reporting policies. Including month end, quarter end and year end BPC reporting.
- Support payroll and reconcile all payroll related accounts and assists in the review of the payroll computation.
- Support in commission reporting
- Manage fixed asset reporting included IFRS leases
- May lead special projects or team functions.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience with increasing responsibilities within Finance required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software with emphasis on Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with ERP software, especially JD Edwards preferred.
- Experience with consolidation software, especially SAP BPC, preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn, reporting in BPC, BI, Hubble and other tools.
- Ability to lead projects and develop tools to consolidate data throughout the business unit.
Last application date: 2020-12-12
Please right-click the link to open in a new tab.