Summary of Role
The Operations Process Manager North America (OPM NA) is responsible for planning, directing, evaluating and monitoring all supply and logistics activities to ensure a cost-effective flow of product from suppliers to customers. In addition, the OPM NA, with their team will analyze inventories, monitor order and delivery measures, cost impact to the business, to be in line with procedures and key performance indicators to provide an exceptional customer experience. The OPM NA will also be responsible for including work processes, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement, overseeing the quality of service to continually seek out new ways to upgrade/improve the working business model of the Customer Success Team. To initiate recommendations and follow thru with implementation of these improvements. The OPM NA will work closely with the Director of Customer Advocacy. Additionally working cross functionally with supply chain, manufacturing, ServicePLUS and sales.
The OPM NA is also assigned to complex and/or important customers, services and issues.
The OPM NA is also responsible for providing and achieving outstanding customer service and delivering an exceptional customer experience to existing and prospective customers while building positive customer relationships to help enable development of new business opportunities.
The OPM NA is responsible for customer order management along with communication and coordination throughout the supply chain and factories.
The OPM NA is responsible for assisting in achieving service related goals.
The primary function of the OPM NA position is to provide the management and coordination of day-to-day operations and supply and logistics activities to maximize the efficiency, reliability, timeliness, and cost effectiveness of the organizations supply chain. The OPM NA will be responsible for documenting local practices for evaluation/replication across the rest of the business and to train internal staff on the process flows and business systems. As well as ensuring that the practices are consistent across all Americas Customer Success Centers.
Tasks and Activities may include:
- Lead & Supervise direct reports, including, but not limited to: setting annual goals, evaluating performance, providing training and coaching, conducting annual reviews and building a team culture
- Develop and continually improve internal work processes
- Track customer satisfaction and work towards improvement target
- Materials and Inventory Management planning and control thru the MTC9 process
- Oversee customer dedicated inventories and monitor customer inventory levels, ensuring that there is a business case and documented supply agreement; collaborating with sales management to ensure that inventory is used to ensure a positive customer experience; ensure that documentation of supply agreements is accessible in C4C via the Sales Engineer
- Develop and implement supply and logistics plans in coordination with SCM
- Work with SCM to improve transit, delivery times and customer OTD targets.
- Evaluate customer orders and demand against supplier deliveries in order to meet and exceed OTD targets. Understanding and communicating changes to customer forecasts. Liaise with Customer Success Team, SCM, Manufacturing, and ServicePLUS areas to ensure that all activities are aligned with Trelleborg and Customer KPI’s.
- Work with ServicePLUS team to evaluate and implement Advanced Delivery Programs
- Encourage and implement a Continous Improvement Culture and capture gains. Document local practices for evaluation/replication across the rest of the business and to train internal staff on the process flows and business systems. As well as ensuring that the practices are consistent across all Customer Success Centers.
- Work to maximize the profitability of the business thru minimizing costs of operations through innovation and continuous improvements via various means (up to and including automation)
- Lead or assist for internal processes: JDE, CRM, GPS, Consense, Quality, ISO and F/x.
- Ensure full compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures including Quality Manual and Quality Procedures.
- Represent the Customer Success Team in cross-functional teams: JDE, CRM, GPS, Consense, Quality, ISO and F/x.
- Assist with quality related issues. Manages with their team the logging and monitoring of RMA’s Complaints, CAR’s. Ensure customer complaints/ quality escapes are logged in CAQ and R8/R9s are logged in JDE. Monitors implementation of corrective actions across the business and other support functions such as SCM, Manufacturing, ServicePLUS. Reports on this for continuous improvement.
- Assist with internal and external audits for ISO requirements of our various locations in collaboration with the Technical Manager.
- Manage the implementation of EDI for all Customers along with the SE and IT.
- Assist in Information Technology (IT) efforts, looking for areas of improvement
- Provide proactive communication, analysis and problem solving
- Work with the right sense of urgency: Response times, flexibility and accuracy
- Assist the Director of Customer Advocacy in management reviews, and strategies to provided and exceptional customer experience.
This position can be based in Ft. Wayne, Schaumburg or Toronto.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years plus experience in an operations, customer service position
- 4 year College degree, preferably in a relevant discipline
- Previous Leadership experience
- Knowledge of basic business sales and marketing practices
- Knowledge of basic supply chain processes and practices
- Experience with ERP system
Other Experience (Plus)
- Knowledge of rubber/plastic products is beneficial
- Familiarity with ISO quality requirements is beneficial
- Familiarity with technical prints (read and understand) is beneficial
- Experience with JDE
- Ability to communicate, coordinate, train and lead personnel
- Prior Operational, Supply Chain knowledge and Customer Success Advocate experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people and relationship building skills
- Customer driven with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle conflicting priorities with detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong math skills (addition, subtraction, margin calculations)
- Knowledgeable with regards to business sales and marketing strategies
- Proven proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven proficiency in the use of business operational software (Oracle JDE, SAP)
Last Application Date: 2020-12-12
Please right-click the link to open in a new browser.
If you have any technical difficulties or questions, please contact Brianna Barker (email@example.com)