We are looking to recruit a QA Co-Ordinator to join our Quality Team based at TOUK Skelmersdale.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the QC Team and contribute to the overall TO strategy. Ensure daily objectives are met and ensure workload is effectively planned and managed.
- Creation of inspection and test plans and manufacturing data book indexes for customer approval.
- Co-ordination and issuance of inspection notifications in accordance with customer requirements and in line with manufacturing capabilities
- Responsible for the internal calibration system and ensure that all operational items are re-calibrated prior to their expiration
- Attend sales to project handover /kick off meetings to determine inspection and test plan and manufacturing data book index requirements.
- Understand and interpret customer specifications and ensure requirements are captured in the inspection and test plans.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders prior to completion of Inspection & Test Plans and during their review cycles. Understand the interactions with upstream and downstream processes and its impact on product properties
- Responsible for meeting the critical deadlines associated with contract milestones
- Coordinate customer inspections in accordance with production plans. Monitor and review plans in collaboration with the relevant departments.
- Ensure inspection notification documents are accurately generated in a timely manner
- Ensure relevant customer inspection documentation is correct and issued to customer inspectors in a timely manner
- Ensure all measuring equipment is maintained in a calibrated status and is managed in the business system. Liaising with internal stakeholders where required
- Ensure any non-conformities found during calibration are rectified and any affected product contained
- Fulfilling all duties identified in The Map and driving continuous improvement
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time
- Participate in teams in the use of established problem-solving tools to drive effective root cause analysis and identification of corrective and preventative actions
- Attend meetings as required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Willingness and drive to learn new products
- Develop working relationships with other key stakeholders and draw on their knowledge
- Effectively manage priorities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Deliver excellent customer satisfaction by continuously meeting and exceeding expectations
- Understand customer needs to fulfil requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills
- HND Qualification, or equivalent level in a manufacturing, engineering or science discipline or relevant experience
- CQI Certificate or Diploma in Quality Management or equivalent experience within a Quality role
- IRCA Internal Auditor
- Working within a QA/Documentation department
- Proven track record within a fast pace, demanding manufacturing environment
- Involvement in change initiatives and projects with a view to continual improvement
- Out-of-hours working to accommodate time zone variations
- Frequently required to use Personal protective equipment (ear plugs, safety glasses, steel toe shoes) in designated area
Last Application Date
Closing date for all applications is Wednesday 8 July 2020.
All applicants for this position must have the Right to Work in the UK. TOUK are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
No agencies please.
Trelleborg handles the personal data collected whilst managing recruitment and selection activities in accordance with the Trelleborg Group Policy on Data Privacy. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in the organisation's privacy notice.