Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talents brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead.
Trelleborg are one of the leading polymer solution providers, sealing, damping and protecting products in the most extreme environments, from space to the seafloor. As part of our digitisation initiative you will be involved in the development of bespoke industrial IoT solutions.
Reporting to the Innovation Manager, you will work within a research and development team designing new products primarily focused in the offshore energy sector (subsea), both in renewables and offshore oil and gas. You will work at the leading-edge of current knowledge with a breadth of application across all industries serviced by Trelleborg Offshore. As a member of the Innovation Team you will share technologies, ideas and best practice to continuously improve team performance.
As a Graduate Product Development Specialist, you will be working with and developing bespoke electronics which are robotically deployed into one of the harshest environments in the world. Collaborating with world leading Universities and companies, you will be at the forefront of Industrial Internet of Things for condition monitoring of structures. The role will provide experience of embedded systems, data science and app generation.
· Applying electronics and data science expertise to assigned projects.
· Electronics research and product development.
· Management of your own projects.
· Presenting and communicating research and innovation projects to key stakeholders.
· Supporting the Innovation Manager and team.
· Adhering to all company policies and business regulations.
· Conducting electronic experiments with a view toward mathematical algorithms and software development.
· Managing and implementing qualification programmes as required.
· Support in the design and development of testing rigs and robotics.
· Generation of documentation pertinent to R&D projects.
· Conducting scientific research, including journal interpretation.
· Using the innovation process to select and design appropriate solutions to meet with customer needs.
· Effectively supporting technology/innovation projects.
· Presenting innovation projects to varied audiences on a regular basis.
· Understanding and cross communicating preferred practice and information regarding product ranges, manufacturing techniques and systems to a varied audience.
· Participating in regular review meetings to provide updates on assigned projects.
· Recording lessons learned and applying them successfully on future projects.
· Following TO procedures for the production, approval and storage of work.
· Ensuring compliance to all company policies and procedures within your jurisdiction.
· Carrying out any other reasonable duties that may be requested from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Good programming, app and software engineering skills.
· Familiarity with a scripting language (Matlab, Python or equivalent).
· Familiarity with sensor characterisation and PCB development.
· Clear understanding of embedded systems, industrial internet of things and fundamental signal processing techniques.
· Understanding of concepts underpinning Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
· Forward thinking with the ability to demonstrate aptitude in the design of novel solutions for demanding environments.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Eagerness to learn.
· Exhibiting commercial acumen during conceptual development.
· Liaising with customers, suppliers, research organisations and internally at all levels.
· Communicate effectively across a broad range of technical and managerial audiences.
· Creative thinker and provider of technical solutions.
· Degree or MSc in the following areas:
o Computer Science and Electronics
o Electronic Engineering
o Embedded Systems
o Industrial Internet of things
o Data Science and Signal Processing
· Embedded Systems
· Industrial Internet of Things (IoT)
· Signal processing and data analysis.
· Working with and interpreting data using Python or Matlab and Simulink.
· Sensors and wireless interfaces.
· Writing electronic qualification reports.
· Creating electronic spreadsheets.
· Working efficiently on several projects simultaneously.
· Communicating effectively, both internally and externally.
· Laboratory based experiments
· Out-of-hours working to accommodate time zone variations and customer demands
Last Application Date
Closing date for all applications is Monday 6 July 2020
All applicants for this position must have the Right to Work in the UK. TOUK are unable to offer visa sponsorship.
No agencies please.
Trelleborg handles the personal data collected whilst managing recruitment and selection activities in accordance with the Trelleborg Group Policy on Data Privacy. Information about how your data is used and the basis for processing your data is provided in the organisation's privacy notice.
Ad has been closed and it is no longer possible to apply.