The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for globally leading the account management of assigned account(s) to improve financially to benefit Trelleborg.
The selected candidate must be able to manage and grow the overall account(s) globally from a strategic standpoint and be proficient in managing through influence. Expectations are to work collaboratively across the organization to ensure profitable year over year growth.
- Gathering credible data and developing a deep working knowledge on customer(s) organization, structure, strategies, competitors (customer and TSS), and economic trends relating to the account(s) globally.
- Develop a relationship with all relevant roles within the customer globally. With emphasis on the C suite.
- Lead and manage by influence and with the right use of the right networks externally.
- Organize regular strategic alignment sessions with the account(s) and develop a road map for the account(s) including medium and long term strategy.
- Active use of Sales Excellence framework in execution of the strategic plan
- Identify the core business product and service offerings required for TSS to compete effectively for the account(s).
- Responsible for the global growth of sales and profitability of the account(s)
- Develop a business plan from the aligned customer road map to include detailed expectations with projects, sales, profit, cash and resource targets. Proactively manages negotiations of contracts, pricing, agreements, etc. Is accountable for execution of the plan globally.
- Identifying the people and resources required to support the account(s) regionally. (R&D, Marketing, Strategic Initiatives, SCM, etc.). Align those resources through coaching and communication globally.
- Develop the appropriate team structures for the account(s).
- Lead and manage by influence and with the right use of the right networks internally.
- Providing reports and updates to the appropriate Marketing President, Marketing Director and the EB as required.
- Tracking and managing of project pipeline
- Additional duties may be assigned by management
- Works collaboratively with Market Segment managers (some will report directly to this role in some regions), Product Managers, & Product Line Directors, Service PLUS team, in an effort to identify market wide product needs and services
- *Remote office location may be considered near a major international US airport.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading through influence, preferably in sales organization.
- Minimum 10 years total business experience
- A Bachelors's degree or higher required.
- MBA a plus
- Sales or Business Development experience in a Global Organization required.
- Strong Technical aptitude is beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of business, sales and marketing practices
- Experienced in creation and implementation of high level 3 year business plans and strategies required
- Understanding of the Value Chain, Total Cost of Ownership, etc
- Strong business acumen
- Clear thinker, with ability to analyze complex issues and develop clear and appropriate plans.
- Results oriented with a focus on prioritizing issues which impact on business performance.
- Resilience in achieving goals
- Excellent networking skills with the ability to influence without having direct authority.
- Effective and well organized with the ability to manage a high and varied workload.
- Truly Global outlook with proven ability to work with colleagues from different countries and work across borders
- Has vision and supports continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Second language a plus
- Technical aptitude and or engineering experience preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel - 70%
Candidates will also be considered in the Schaumburg, IL or Peoria, IL areas.
Last application date: 2020-09-05