Are you a talent passionate about building business skills, gaining experience, and taking on exciting challenges? Then read about this exiting opportunity below.
Who are we?
Trelleborg Industrial Solutions (TIS) is a global leader in innovative polymer-based solutions for key industries and critical infrastructure. We are one of three Business Areas within the Trelleborg Group, with a total of about 6 000 employees around the world.
Trelleborg Marine Systems Denmark is a smaller business unit focusing on innovation and sales of Navigation equipment globally. We are COMMITTED TO PIONEERING PERFORMANCE to ensure that all ships in the world can navigate safely and effectively in a sustainable way to ensure global trade.
Our solutions deliver enhanced performance in terms of superior situational awareness, improved efficiency and safety of operation. We are always seeking how to innovate our solutions to enhance their accuracy, usefulness and performance as individual solutions and as a part of the wider view of the smarter ports of today.
Anticipating the latest technology trends and market needs, we can continuously innovate our solutions – giving our customers leading-edge navigation and piloting systems that they trust will perform and support their wider port eco-system and marine technology.
About the Job
"We are on an exciting growth journey and need to expand our team with a Finance Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team where innovation and cutting-edge technology are always center stage." - Tommy Guldhammer Mikkelsen, Managing Director
As the Finance Manager for the Navigation and Piloting Product Group (PG), you will be responsible for the financial reporting and compliance for the global Navigation & Piloting business as well as manage the day-to-day accounting activities and legal compliance for the Danish legal entity.
You will be responsible for timely and accurate financial (legal & operational) reporting and a key contributor to driving financial performance within the business.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Lead the day-to-day finance & accounting functions so that financial transactions, policies, systems, and procedures meet the organization’s short and long-term business objectives, and comply with internal and external regulations, accounting principles, and standards.
Make sure all global Navigation and Piloting figures are reported timely and correctly (IFRS).
Activities may include: financial analysis and planning; reporting; consolidation; annual report; tax; VAT; transfer pricing; GDPR; credit control; accounts payable and receivable; inventory and costs control; and budgeting and forecasting. Hands-on finance tasks will be part of the activities.
Contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at the executive level, and develop, implement and optimize processes that align with the organization’s overall vision and its current and long-term business objectives with the Product Area management.
Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting policies, systems, and procedures in achieving strategic objectives. Prepare the organization’s financial reports to ensure they have been accurately prepared and present findings and recommendations to the Senior Management Team and the PA Controller. Reports may include auditor and financial analyst reports; profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow, capital expenditure analysis; and regulatory reports and filings.
Working with PA Controller on improving and harmonizing systems and processes in line with the broader group approach.
- Member of the Navigation & Piloting Senior Management team
- Oversight and input into the key financials of the China production facility.
- Consolidate and analyze monthly results and estimates reported by Regional controllers in BPC
- Prepare and present the Monthly report
- Quarterly estimates and yearly budget.
- Calls with each region to track performance against short term targets.
- Direct and monitor a variety of accounting activities to ensure that the organization’s financial resources are managed in accordance with accounting principles and comply with all relevant regulations, laws, and standards.
- These activities may include accounts payable and receivable; general ledger maintenance; financial analysis and reporting; budgeting, revenue, and asset accounting.
- Prepare all financial reports and accounting statements.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on complex accounting issues to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Monthly reporting of financial numbers in SAP BPC in line with Trelleborg Group requirements and IFRS.
- Suggest and implement improvements in financial reporting procedures in line with Trelleborg Internal Control best practices and PA controller
- Financial support to other businesses hosted by the legal entity in Aarhus.
- Ensure all Statutory Accounts, Audit & AGM preparations are completed in accordance with local and group requirements.
- Calculate and report Quarterly and yearly tax
- Ensure the business complies with Internal controls and general external compliance, including GDPR
- Report and review Transfer Pricing
Education & Experience
- Degree qualified Cand. Merc. Aud. with at least 3-4 years of relevant professional and industry experience, preferable experience from one of the big four audit companies.
- Possess effective leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to engage and coach individuals, teams and organisations.
- Excellent command in spoken and written English.
- Experienced user of MS Office software
- Hands on experience using Microsoft Navision or equivalent is highly preferable.
- Experience with dealing across multiple cultures.
Geographical remit & travel
- Navigation and Piloting is a global business with hosted resources in China, Finland, UK, US and Netherlands. Navigation & Piloting head-office is based in Aarhus.
- The main production facility is based in Qingdao, China.
- International travel will be required, with up to 2 trips per annum to be expected.
Trelleborg is an equal-opportunity employer! We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Are you the one we’re looking for? Apply now by clicking the Apply button, or email me for more information at Julia.email@example.com
At Trelleborg our people are #shapingindustryfromtheinside