Are you a talent looking to build business skills, gain experience, and take on exciting challenges? Grow your career with Trelleborg and start shaping the industry from the inside
When it comes to finding a solution, Trelleborg Marine & Infrastructure have over 40 years’ experience in providing infrastructure, sophisticated marine fenders, oil and gas transfer, ship performance solutions, docking and mooring, surface buoyancy and service and support. We work with consultants and end users on a project-by-project basis to determine best-fit solutions and supply fully integrated systems to fulfill even the most demanding specifications.
About the job
The purpose of the EHS Engineer is to be responsible for the environment documentation, safety during construction, machinery being installed in a safe manner and security of factory during set up phase of our new greenfield factory in Ba Ria - Vung Tau province (Phu My 3) and then, should you be successful, progress to lead the EHS of the factory after the set-up phase.
The successful candidate will report directly to the local Project Manager during the exciting setup phase who is based in Vietnam.
Main tasks and responsibilities we expect
- Work with contractors to prepare and get approval for the environmental assessment impact report and environment certificate.
- Handle the safety of construction works, machinery and facility installation during set up phase.
- Develop EHS procedures to implement for the factory.
- Run the security team during set-up phase.
- Conduct on-site potential hazard source identification and improvement continuously.
- Develop & conduct EHS induction courses and trainings for employees & contractors.
- Special equipment and operator management.
- Conduct regular site safety inspection and follow-up actions.
- Coordinate emergency response drills.
- Coordinate employee occupational health examination.
- Assist in environmental and occupational health monitoring regularly.
- Assist to investigate incidents & recommend corrective actions.
- Assist in fostering an integrated EHS culture and management structure with responsibility on safety and environmental protection.
- Assist to promote Safety, Health & Environmental Programs.
- Assist in hazardous waste management.
- Regular inspection and test for firefighting facilities.
About the ideal candidate
- Major in H&S, and/or safety engineering (college degree or above)
- Min 3 years relevant working experience in manufacturing / rubber / chemical industry
- Experience for start-up project from a greenfield site
- Language skills are important so a proficiency in English will be an advantage
This role will require you to travel domestically during the start of the project and as well as occasional international travel to Singapore to support product & equipment transfer.
Trelleborg is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you are customer driven with a positive, professional, can-do approach, with strong interpersonal skills and able to multi-task, don’t delay! Apply today, you could be the person we are looking for!
At Trelleborg our people are #shapingindustryfromtheinside